Monday, December 12, 2011

The Doll Files: Prologue

Soooo...I'm starting a new project! I want to get 50 pictures of this one artist model that my lovely friend, Hannah, gave me, so I'm calling it 'The Doll Files'. I'm going to have to get creative with props and such; I have a few ideas so far but it's going to be a stretch go get 50 disticntly unique photos, so I'm hoping that using one main prop for that many different pictures will force me to think out-of-the-box and become a better and more creative photographer. That's the theory, anyway. Well, plus I think it will be a lot of fun.

I'm hoping to suprise myself with what I come up with!
The only rule I have for myself so far is that the same doll must be in each of the 50 pictures in some way. Anything goes- B&W, major editing, floral stickers, whatever- the goal is simply to get creative and become a better photographer.

I think this may also help me to take better photos of people in the future too. At the momment I kind of suck at them, but maybe working with a poseable and workable model like this will give me experiance that I can use when taking photos of real people.

Anyway, to sum it up, I'm praying that this project will turn out really well and make me a better photographer in the process. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment